Saturday, October 11, 2008

Recycled Shopping Bag!

This week I made a card using the card sketch CPS85 from Card Positioning Systems. And I also made it fun by using a shopping bag that I received at the hairdresser. I even used the handle!

Here is the bag:



And here is the card:


I used the black and white pattern on the outside for the background on the card (turned it upside down so you couldn't tell that it is a cursive B). Inside the bag is a great orange design that I stamped on. Of course the orange and black reminded me of Halloween, so I used my Autumn Treats stamp set from Clear Artistic Stamps.

Have you ever considered recycling something made of paper into a card? Try it--it's fun!

12 comments:

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh the pumpkin is so cute! And that bg using the fabulous shopping bag is wonderful!!

Linsey said...

Oh my gosh, Lisa! This is FABulous, dah-ling! I love that bag for your recycle inspiration! Wow! It looks so great with your wonderful Autumn pumpkin! Love the trim too! Super awesome card, buddy! TFS! :)

Etha said...

Oh I love it!! isn't recycling fun?!! this is very cool :)

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Lisa, how cool!! I love how you found more life for the bag, what a great idea!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Great idea- nice tip to turn something upside down. I never would have known if you hadn't said it came from a bag

Barb S. (FL) said...

Great card and I love that you're helping to keep America 'green'
Barb S

Vicki said...

What a very fabulous idea!! TFS!! :)

LadyDoc said...

WOW!!! I missed this last weekend- busy with a wedding! Just catching up now and I am really glad I saw this one!

Charity Hassel said...

cute!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

very very creative!

Gloria Stengel said...

You smarty pants! Very cute!

dpkennedy said...

Awesome repurposing! That pumpkin is so cute! Great card!