Monday, November 1, 2010

Autumn Table Topper

For the past few weeks I have been sneaking into my sewing room for a few moments at a time to make this table topper for fall:


Mine turned out wider than what the pattern called for since I used 3 inch fabric strips instead of 2.5 inch strips. Mainly because I bought a Moda scrap bag that had all of these beautiful 3 inch strips and there was no way I was going to cut them all down to 2.5!

Also, I was only supposed to use dark and light fabrics, but I mixed in lots of pretty mediums, so I don't have quite the contrast that I should have. But I really like it anyway.

The best part? It's reversible! The other side is similar to this side, except more dark fabrics and fewer light. So when I have a little spill, all I have to do is flip it over!

Lots of cutting and piecing, but I like to call that "therapy".

The pattern is in Quilter's World June 2010.

No comments: